September 29, 2009

Summer, Fall, Baking

It's already fall again. I am not so sure what happened to the summer... I didn't really notice it much this year. While I enjoyed my three week vacation in May, I am thinking of taking an actual summer vacation next year. I did go away for a weekend in July: Visiting friends in Switzerland where I was on the top of a two-and-a-half-thousand meter high mountain for the first time in my life. It was pretty impressive. Here's a picture. If it were extended to the left and the weather had been better, you'd be able to see Lake Constance.




Earlier in the summer I tried Sweet Amandine's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. So glad I important the "good" brown sugar from the States a couple of years ago.





They tasted like actual American chocolate chip cookies. Hooray!

And, yes, it's fall again. What do you bake in the fall? Plum cake. Here's my very German version of it:



For the dough, mix the following:

150g low fat Quark
6 tablespoons milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
75 g sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
a pinch of salt
300g flour
1 tablespoon baking powder (or 1 teaspoon baking soda)

Spread the dough on a cookie sheet, top with plums. Bake at 200°C/380°F (or so) for about half an hour.

Keine Kommentare: